My Christmas Wish List
1. A Vacation. Not just any vacation, either; I want to go all around the world, hitting all the major regions, without the use of airplanes. I could spend a lot of time in the places I really enjoy and less time in the ones I enjoy less. Of course, half the fun would be getting to the destinations, hence the prohibition of airplanes - trains, boats, hot air balloons, etc. allow for time to see things around me.
2. A Boyfriend. It doesn't have to be my crush, though I wouldn't mind if things developed with him along these lines. I would like someone with whom I can talk, share things, go on dates, etc. I'm not talking marriage, just dating. Maybe next year (or the next) I'll ask for a husband.
3. A Ponytail. I cut my hair in August and told the stylist that I didn't want to be able to put my hair in a ponytail. I've regretted that decision ever since. Yes, I'm glad that I do my hair down more often now - I think it definitely looks better. However, I miss the ease of styling my hair in a quick bun or twist when I'm running late for work.
4. A Log Cabin. Last year, if you recall, I asked for a castle. Imagine my disappointment when, early Christmas morning, I didn't find a key to a castle wrapped under my tree. So, this year, hoping for better luck, I'm willing to settle for something smaller - a nice cabin located on a remote, but beautiful and wooded, acre or so of Montana. Don't ask why Montana, it just sounds nice. In the spirit of generosity, I'd also be willing to accept a cabin on Cedar Mountain. Wow. I'm selfless.
5. Painting Lessons. Grandma Moses didn't start painting 'til she was 70, so I figure if I start now I'll be ahead of the game. In all seriousness, I doubt I have any talent for painting, but I'd love to give it a go. With the right teacher (I'm thinking Da Vinci, Monet, or Picasso), I'm pretty sure I could turn out something that would look okay on the front of the fridge.
6. A Jar of Homemade Blackberry Jam and Homemade Bread. Mmmm.
You'd better hurry - there's only THREE shopping days left!!