Aahh, Valentines Day. Day of love and romance - at least, as long as you have someone with whom to share love and romance. If you're single, V-Day is, at best, just another day, and to many singles, V-Day illicits feelings of bitterness and depression. Fortunately, I fall into the first group and am pretty indifferent to the day.
That said, I decided to devote a post to a Valentine-esque subject, marriage. Specifically, I'm going to list the reasons I would like to be married. I was going to balance this list with a list of reasons why I'm happy being single, but decided not to. I already know those reasons inside-n-out. It's time I think about the "pros" of being married. So, here goes...
Why Being Married May Be Nice
1. Someone to tell my dreams to. I'm not just talking about my goals in life - I have odd dreams and would like to share them with someone upon waking.
2. Someone to cuddle with while watching T.V. and movies.
5. Someone to say that he thinks I'm pretty.
6. Someone to talk to about what I'm reading.
7. Tax breaks. I'm not sure what they are, but I'd like them.
8. Someone who appreciates my cooking.
9. Someone to cook for me when I don't feel like cooking.
10. Someone with whom I can discuss the options in my life.
11. Holding hands.
12. Someone to play games with when it's 2am.
13. Someone to watch football with and who can hopefully answer any questions I might have.
14. Someone to love.
15. Someone to love me.
16. Someone to think I'm the cat's meow. (I love that phrase!)
17. Someone to fight with. I'm just being realistic - it can't all be bliss, can it?
18. Someone to make up with.
19. Someone to think about and worry about other than myself.
20. Honeymoon. I love a nice vacation.
21. Someone who accepts my quirks, both annoying and endearing.
22. Someone who teaches me things I didn't know before.
23. A friend for eternity.
I'm sure there are more reasons, but I think this is a good start. Who knows, someday I may actually get married. Who knows.
Well, for all you singles and nonsingles alike - Happy Valentines Day!