Monday, December 31, 2007

Year In Review - 2007

In the final hours of 2007, it seems fitting to look back on the year and mention some of the events that shaped my year.

Places Visited: (new places in italics)
Denver, CO
Kanab, UT
Mesa, AZ
Salt Lake City, UT (several times)
Puerto Rico
St. Thomas, VI
St. Lucia
Dominica
Barbados


Guys Dated: 3 - one was even a blind date! This is certainly a record for me. There have been years when I haven't gone on a single date, so to have gone on dates with 3 separate guys in one year is pretty amazing.

Guys Kissed: 2!!!!!!!

Number of Jobs Turned Down: Zero - sometimes I still can't believe I decided to stay at this job. I love it and have had no regrets so far, but it's still kind of surprising.

Favorite Book Read: Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg
Runners Up: The Confessor by Daniel Silva, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by JK Rowling, Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky, Othello by William Shakespear

Fun Activities with Friends: making cinnamon- and sugar cookie-scented candles, reading Shakespear plays out loud, going on a cruise, making cookies, Laughing Stock.
(I'm sure there are so many other things I've done with my friends this year, but I can't think of more at this moment. However, if you, my dear friends, remember the things that I don't, let me know!)


Happiest Moment: When Adam told me he loved me.

Saddest Moment: When Adam and I broke up. "Moment" is an understatement. However, life went on, and I know we're both in good places.

Biggest Reliefs: A Tie. 1) When Adam and I broke up. We were both miserable at the end. 2) When I decided to stay. Now I don't have to worry about making that decision again for 2 years.

Regrets: I can't think of any. I know I haven't always made the best decisions this year, but each time I made "mistake", it turned out okay and/or I learned from it.

Hopes for the new year: Stay tuned...my next post will be about my new years resolutions and plans.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

9 comments:

Cardine said...

Ooooooooh, this post was awesome! I really need to sit down and think about what I've done this year. It's gotta be a good time. I'm glad that a lot of ours have intersected. Thanks for reminding me about the fun we've had!

Booklogged said...

What a fun wrap-up post. I'd love to do one like this, but I'm not sure my memory will serve me well enough. I do know that I've only kissed one guy this year! Loved reading your post.

Happy 2008!

tearese said...

So how was Denver? Joseph has got into his head that we could move there someday. I've never been, personally.

Cassie said...

2 guys?? Hmmm. I think it would be so fun to read Shakespeare plays out loud with other people. Nobody up here would do that with me. So we might have to do that sometime. I love reading plays out loud. Your year sounds more exciting than mine but I'll have to recap and see.

Cardine said...

I guess that answers one of my questions!

julie said...

Cardine, we really did have a lot of fun together! Here's hoping for lots more good times this year!

Book, someday I'm going to be really content with kissing just one guy all year, but for now, I like that it was more than one. Though honestly, one was better than many other years! And, I bet you kissed that one guy a lot more than I kissed both guys on my list! BTW, my mom says hi!

Tearese, I went to Denver for a work convention, so I didn't get to see as much of it as if I were there as a tourist. However, I enjoyed what I experienced. My friend really likes it, though, and is planning on moving there in the not-so-distant future.

Cassie, yes two! I bet your year is filled with a lot more interesting things than mine, once you think about it. Heck, all the new things you learned outweigh my list just by themselves!

Cardine, I thought it might. See you soon!

Cardine said...

Congrats on being over 1000 profile hits! (I just noticed!)

julie said...

Ooohhh! Thanks, Cardine, for telling me because I always forget to look at my profile counter.

Framed said...

I just commented to Cassie that I need to do a post like this. For journaling's sake, if nothing else. I do know I spent a lot of time kissing a young fellow. Very enjoyable. I'm glad you had such a good year.