Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Woe Is Me

Sigh. I'm pathetic.

Anthony came into my work tonight. Sigh.

I haven't seen or heard from him in a few weeks, so I was surprised when the office door opened and he walked in. My boss was just leaving (of course!!!), and gave me a smirk before saying hi to Anthony and goodbye to me.

Sigh. I had almost forgotten how good-looking Anthony is.

He needed to buy hearing aid batteries and needed a new earmold tube. When that was taken care of, we talked for an hour and a half. At one point, he mentioned that he has a new phone and I walked around the counter (so we were on the same side of it), and he showed me all the cool features of his phone. We stood reallyreallyclose, our arms were touching - almost my entire arm was against almost his entire arm.

He smelled really good. Sigh.

Then he wanted to show me something on the internet, so we sat in front of the computer reallyreallyclose, our legs were touching - almost my entire leg was touching almost his entire leg. I was controlling the mouse, so my hand was up on the desk. So were both of his, for some reason. At one point, his hand was reallyreallyclose to my hand, but wasn't touching it. Then his hand moved and his fingers rested on my hand for a split-second.

I was dying. I think he is so attractive! I so want him to ask me out! Yet, I don't because I'm really not sure we're compatible. Heavens, though, I want him to kiss me. I love that we were touching almost the entire time he was in my office. He asked me if I'm busy on the weekends, and I said that some weekends I am, some I'm not. I tried to tell him about last weekend, but I think he thought I was telling him my plans for this weekend! Curses! I tried to correct him, but sometimes our communication abilities are less than perfect. Double curses!

I finally needed to leave work (it was well after the time I get off), so we said goodbye. He said that it was really good to see me and that I was looking good (there go my knees!), then he hugged me. Sigh.

A friend and I talked recently about how great it feels to have a guy's arms around you, and I remember thinking that I was beginning to forget how it felt (since it's been a little while). Aaaahhhh. This was a nice reminder. As we stepped apart, one of his hands slid across my back and over the top of my arm. Sigh.

It's probably a good thing he doesn't know the effect he has on me. He's my Achilles heel.

I told you I'm pathetic.