I'm going to Denver! I've never been to the Mile High city, and I'm really looking forward to it. Here are the specs for the trip:
- I'm going to an audiology convention with my boss and his wife
- since it's work-related, I get paid for all the days I'm there
- the nice, expensive hotel is paid for by work
- I get a daily meal allowance that I probably won't use because...
- ...our hearing aid sales reps have dinner parties every night and...
- ...the convention provides lunch for us every day
- I have to attend two classes (which I'm really looking forward to)
- I also want to attend about four other classes that will benefit our practice
- the rest of the time = free time to explore Denver
We leave town Tuesday morning and will get back sometime this weekend (my boss says Sunday, his wife says Saturday). I was assigned to research Denver and make a list of attractions. I really want to go to the botanical gardens and catch the Big Bug exhibit; there's also an aquarium, Molly Brown's house, Mile High Stadium, a few art musuems, and a pottery store where you get to choose and paint your own pottery! I also located a couple parks near our hotel where I hope to be able to spread out a blanket and read for awhile, by myself.
I'm so excited for this trip! I love my boss and his wife, so it will be a lot of fun hanging out with them. I look forward to learning how to do my job better and how to help the practice flourish. I LOVE having a hotel room to myself! And, it will just be nice to get away for a bit.
When I get back, I'll tell you all about my trip. 'Til then, I hope you all have a fabulous week and I'll "see" you when I get back! (I may check in from time to time, just don't count on it.)