Events (I'm doing more than the requested 3)
1. 1252 - Pope Innocent IV issues the papal bull ad exstirpanda which authorizes the torture of heretics in the Medieval Inquisition. Torture quickly gains widespread usage across Catholic Europe.
2. 1567 - Mary Queen of Scots weds James Hepbrn, Earl of Bothwell, her 3rd husband.
3. 1756 - The Seven Years' War begins when England declares war on France.
4. 1829 - According to LDS teaching, John the Baptist confers the Aaronic Priesthood onto Joseph Smith Jr. and Oliver Cowdery. LDS is widely considered to be a cult and therefore such events are not grounded in actual fact, but religious hallucinations. Yes, folks, that is a direct quote from Wikipedia.
5. 1905- Las Vegas, NV is founded when 110 acres, in what later would become downtown, are auctioned off.
6. 1940- McDonald's is founded.
7. 1991- Edith Cresson becomes France's first femal prime minister.
1. 1567 - Claudio Monteverdi, Italian composer
2. 1859 - Pierre Curie, French physicist, Nobel Prize laureate
3. 1905 - Joseph Cotton, American actor
4. 1937 - Madeleine Albright, U.S. Secretary of State
5. 1969 - Emmitt Smith, American football player - Dallas Cowboys
1. 1886 - Emily Dickinson, American poet - and my favorite poet
2. 2003 - June Carter Cash
3. 2005 - Alan B. Gold, Chief justice of the Quebec Superior Court
1. Paraguay - Independence Day
2. Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and South Korea
3. United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day