Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Middle Name Meme

Booklogged tagged me for this meme. I rarely do memes, but I thought, What the heck! and now I’m a memer. Here are the rules:

Post these rules before you give the facts. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.) When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post and then choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't' forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

My middle name is Beth. I know my mom once told me why she chose this as my middle name, but I can’t remember now (they always say the memory is the first to go). I like it, whatever the reason, even though it only gets used when my mom is mad at or exasperated with me and as a middle initial when I sign my name.

B – Balanced. At least, I work on being balanced. Many years ago, I struggled with the concept of being content with my life while striving to accomplish my dreams. I realized then, and many times since then, that life requires a certain amount of balance in order to find happiness. For example, too much sleep = sluggish, too little sleep = ornery, just enough = happy and productive. I continually try to realign aspects of my life to ensure that I’m maintaining a healthy balance. Maybe it’s the economist in me – economics deals a lot with equilibriums. True equilibrium is never actually reached, but forces are constantly changing so the economy moves towards the ideal. Yes, that’s my life. I’m sure I’m never perfectly balanced, but I’m trying to be.

E – Early. I would rather be early than on-time. Being late is unacceptable. Sometimes I realize that I take this to a bit of an extreme (see above paragraph), so I try to relax a little. That said, I really don’t like being late, so I tend to be early. Sometimes really early. For example, I like showing up at the movie theater a good 20 minutes early, at least.

T – Talkative. I learned a few years ago that one of the main ways I bond with people is through talking. I can also talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime, about anything. Of course, a lot of this is contingent on the other person being somewhat responsive. I find that the amount I’m willing to share with someone is directly proportionate (with a lag) to what they are willing to share with me.

H – Happy. Generally speaking, I’m a naturally happy person. Of course, there are times when I’m sad, but I tend to bounce back from those times rather quickly and easily. It’s just easier for me to be cheerful and happy than otherwise. I smile a lot and I love to laugh.

I tag Alyson, Cardine, and Cassie
.

6 comments:

tearese said...

I thought you were supposed to tag people whos names started with the letters of your middle name? Tsk, tsk, you broke the rules.
Just kidding.
Those are good facts about you; you are definitely happy! Most of the time, that is.

Framed said...

I love that your example of balance involves sleep especially since I understand that you were up until 4 am the other day.

Cardine said...

Those were all really good. I liked the balance one because you stuck in a bit of your economics nerdiness. Ha ha!

So... how am I supposed to complete this and still maintain my anonymity? Well, I guess that most people don't know my middle name, do they?

julie said...

Tearese, I realized after the fact that I had broken one of the rules, but I was too lazy to change my tags. Oh well. I guess I could have tagged you since your name starts with a letter in my middle name. So, consider yourself tagged. I also broke the rule about leaving a tagged comment in the other person's blog. Boy, I'm just breaking rules right and left!!

Framed, sometimes I need the balance of talking to my cousins more than the balance of getting enough sleep. I don't know what I'd do if we got together more often. Maybe we would talk more often so wouldn't have to stay up so late!

Cardine, I thought about that when I tagged you, then I came to the same conclusion. You can do it if you want, if not, I won't be offended. Not even a little. :)

tearese said...

wow, my middle name has lots of letters. I don't know if I'll take you up on that or not!

Anonymous said...

Good idea for a Meme! Lots of fun!