Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bring on the Rain

I jinxed myself last week with that Balance post. I should never have admitted to being so darn happy. I was kind of smug about being happy and the Universe hates smugness. Last week: Cloud 9. This week: Depths of Despair.

Okay, despair is a little melodramatic. I’m just sad. Fortunately, there are reasons I’m sad; there are few things that are worse than being sad for no reason. And fortunately, the reasons I’m sad aren’t huge or overly significant. They will pass. Probably in no time. ‘Til then, I’m sad.

The weather reflects my mood. It’s cloudy, there’s been a little rain, and more rain threatens. I’m not bright and sunny; neither is the day. How nice of it to share my mood. I’m even wearing a gray sweater.

A song I heard this morning keeps popping in my head – it speaks of my mood and the weather. It helps me feel better. I’m thirsty, too. (I always am nowadays, but that’s neither here nor there.)

Bring on the Rain – sung by Jo Dee Messina and Tim McGraw
Lyrics by Billy Montana and Helen Darling

Another day has almost come and gone
Can’t imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes Id like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war (cause)

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It’s almost like the hard times circle round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I’m not dead

Tomorrows another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

I’m not gonna let it get me down
I’m not gonna cry
And I’m not gonna lose any sleep tonight

Tomorrows another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I am sorry that you are sad, hopefully your girlfriends can cheer you up some tonight!

Things seem to always be good for awhile and then things hit the fan and can come crashing down. It happens to everyone, you are not alone.

Can't wait to see you tonight!

julie said...

Melissa, I am so looking forward to tonight! Dinner with you girls will be so much fun and I'm sure we'll laugh 'til it hurts. See you soon!

Booklogged said...

I'm sorry you're sad, but I'm glad that it's not permanent. I woke up today to drizzly, gray skies, too. Yesterday I had lots of fibromyalgia pain so I asked Candleman if he would give me a foot rub. Last time he did that I woke up the next day feeling relieved and energetic. Not so today. If anything I hurt worse. And I wanted to get so much done today. But this too will pass. . .

Have fun tonight. Being with friends sounds good.

Cardine said...

Wow. I actually know that song.

I'm sorry you're sad. I wish I knew what to do to help you feel better. All I know is that you're great! And I think you're fantastic!

julie said...

Book, aaahhh, a foot rub sounds heavenly! I wish it would have helped you wake up rejuvenated. I hope the pain goes away quickly. Being with friends is always good!

Cardine, thank you and right back at ya! Talking to you; whether in person, on the phone, texting, emailing, or blogging; always makes me feel better. Thank you! :)

tearese said...

Sorry you're sad...thats funny that the song mentions being thirsty though. Hope things look up soon!